Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lent is upon us....

    It is lovely to finally make it to this time of year, a pause in the whir of days.  My Lent though usually looks like a wild ride at a fair, with a lot of falling off and getting right back on.  I used to worry about that-the falling off part. Then I figured well, I do get back on, right? That is what I'm supposed to do, get back to the Lenten tasks, or challenges, or prayers.
    There is so much to pray for this Lent-wars and disturbances in the Middle East and North Africa, Monetary crises big and small, The Massive Earthquake, Tsunami, Nuclear Issue in Japan, Abortion and all the requests I read daily.  Life is such a mess, it always has been, yet lately is seems messier than it was....Well, we just keep going-God willing with prayer, grit, determination, hope and love we will help each other and advert more crises. I'll pray on that....

No comments: