Friday, May 1, 2009

From the Garden, a wee bit of Heaven....


Graham Thomas, a glowing yellow scented rose



So, the merry Month of May is also Mary's month for those who still follow tradition...crowning statues of Mary with rings of roses and other flowers, the extra heaped about her feet. A beautiful bower to be sure!
It is also the time when weddings start gearing up with the glory of the weather and garden and bird song, and May Day-something we celebrated growing up in Carmel-by-the-Sea. Due to the huge population from Scandinavian countries, we inherited their wonderful customs and foods (Danish Pastry is The Best!). We would learn dances and preform, the climax being the dance around a May Pole with its multicolored ribbons-beautiful. Then we feasted on all the goodies brought by families, oh it was glorious!

To celebrate this wonderful month, here is a bouquet of roses, picked in the morning before the rain had a chance to make the blooms soggy...




Sitting on the wagon seat...



A little bit of Heaven, right in my
yard...





A parting view, over the wagon seat...pay no attention to the weeds, they belong to my neighbor! :)

(NOTE: Sorry about the CopyRights, but it had to be done. I do sell the photos, so if interested, contact me @ helenrr @ sbcglobal.net (must remove spaces). Thanks!

3 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Gorgeous! I love your roses, and I just love your garden, in general! It is amazing.

I hope you are well, Aunt Helen! Happy May Day :D

Love,
Katie

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Stunning arrangement with gorgeous colors!

Rachel said...

So so pretty. Alas, I have the blackest thumb and kill every plant. I would probably end up being your weedy neighbor. :-)